Monday 11 January 2016

The Buzz! Youth Media Awards

Last year around this time, I was in a hotel room in Chicago, with 14 other intrepid librarians, making a pretty big decision. Being on the Caldecott Committee was a career dream for me, and it stood up to those dreams What an amazing experience - we were literally locked in a hotel room for several days, discussing the art in a big stack of picture books.  If you want to read more about that, head over to the ALSC blog. One of the most exciting things the committees get to do is call the winners. If you want to get an inside peek at that, watch THIS video on YouTube. UPDATE! Find this year's winners here!

So why am I writing about this again? Because today, January 11, 2016, the latest round of awards will be announced. At 9 AM our time, you can watch the announcements as they are made, live from Boston, RIGHT HERE! Now, this may not seem incredibly exciting to you, but believe me, it is incredibly exciting to many people. The conference center in Boston will be packed with thousands of librarians waiting to hear about the books that are chosen as the cream of the crop. And thousands more will be watching online. I know I will be.

Many people Tweet the awards. The hashtag #alayma is a great one to follow, and this Monday, the airwaves will be lit up with the titles of books for youth. Follow along! I'll be doing some of my own Tweeting at @annavalley .

I'm excited to find out the winners (can you tell?) . Watch along with me and see how many people love books!  -- Angela J Reynolds, Community Engagement Coordinator

No comments:

Post a Comment